Play Online Roulette in the UK at Lottomart Games
When you think about casinos, no games spring to mind as often as playing online roulette at Lottomart Games we give you the best options for recreating that experience online, whenever it suits you. It doesn't matter if your preference is for European or American, or whether you like your spin of a wheel in lightning form, we've got the best selection of real money online roulette titles for you to choose from and with innovative spins on the classic casino game thrown in, there are even more ways to win on this iconic game.
How to play Online Roulette in the UK
If this is your first time playing online roulette games, then it won't take you long to work out how to play and see why this has been one of the most popular casino options, online and offline for years. This table game’s structure is beautifully simple:
- Things get underway with the croupier inviting you to place your bets on the table. There are various betting choices available to you which we'll cover below, but simply put, you need to try and predict the number, colour, or section of the wheel the spinning ball will land on.
- Each table will have minimum and maximum bet amounts clearly stated before you start playing, so you'll know the limits you need to work within, whether your selection is 'Red' (You win if the ball lands on any of the red segments of the wheel) or 'red seven' (You win if the ball lands on the red coloured, number 7 segment).
- The croupier will then spin the roulette wheel and once it's whizzing around, they will release the ball onto the wheel. Shortly after this point, the croupier will announce 'No more bets' and at this point, you can no longer make any more selections for the upcoming round.
- The ball eventually settles into one of the segments of the wheel and at that point, if you successfully predicted the outcome, then you're a winner!
- Payouts vary based on the difficulty of the prediction you have made. For example, if you selected 'Odd' or 'Even' then you stand a pretty good chance of being correct and if you're correct, you'll be paid out at 1:1 on your original bet. However, if you made a successful prediction on the exact number on which the ball landed, then your return will be much greater at 35:1.
- For example, If you staked £2 on 'Red', and £1 on 'Red 30' and the ball landed on 'Red 30', then you would win £35 for selecting the correct number and £2 for selecting the correct colour, meaning total winnings of £37.
- The bet options and odds will vary depending on which game you're playing and in some versions, like Evolution Gaming's Lightning Roulette, the payouts can be multiplied by up to 500x, so there are opportunities for hitting some major wins!
What are the Online Roulette Bet Options and Odds?
Most people will have a set of favourite bets or numbers that they believe bring them luck, but the odds and size of your payout will vary depending on the bet type you place. The style of online roulette you play will mean the odds-on specific bet type will vary from game to game, but these can all be found on the game information page or they are displayed within the games. A standard summary of your bet options is listed below alongside the odds you'll likely see for a correction selection:
- Red or Black - correctly predict the colour the ball lands on. Paid out at 1:1.
- Odd or Even - correctly predict if the number the ball lands on will be odd or even. Paid out at 1:1.
- High or Low - bet on whether the ball will land on a number between 1-18 or a number between 19-36. Paid out at 1:1.
- Dozens - correctly guess whether the ball will settle on a number in the range of 1-12, 13-24 or 25-36. If you have correctly picked the right third of the roulette wheel, you will be paid out at 2:1.
- Single number - Select the correct single number that the ball lands on. Paid out at 35:1.
- Split - If you place your chip on 2 adjacent numbers and the ball lands on one of the 2 digits you have selected, you will be paid out at odds of 17:1.
- Street - If you have placed your chip to cover 3 successive numbers on the same line and the ball lands on one of your selections, you will be settled at odds of 11:1.
- Corner - If you place your chip on the corner that joins 4 numbers and the ball successfully drops onto one of the numbers you have covered, then you will be paid out at odds of 8:1.
Best Online Live Roulette Games in the UK
Here at Lottomart we have 5 variations of single-player Roulette games that you can play in the comfort of your own home; we also have 3 Roulette variants that you can play with other people as well as against a live dealer, more on this further down.
In terms of single-player roulette games, first up we have Roulette and European Roulette. Both versions (obviously perhaps) are based on the traditional European ruleset: predict the number on which the ball will land by placing 1 or more bets that cover that number. The wheel includes numbers 1 - 36 plus a 0. Direct, simple, and eminently playable. The former is played from a beautifully rendered 3D first-person perspective that puts you right at the heart of the action., while the latter adopts a more subtle top-down view.
Lightning Roulette is another single-player variant of the traditional European ruleset that’s also played from a thrilling first-person perspective. And why is it called Lightning Roulette; you may ask? Well, it’s because, in this version of the game, 1 to 5 Lightning numbers are randomly struck by lightning, allowing players to potentially win up to 500x the stake!
The U.S has its spin on the classic game, as evidenced by the table game, American Roulette, which is again played from a first-person perspective. The only discernible difference between the American and European ruleset is that in the former, the wheel now has both a 0 and a 00 instead of just one 0.
Finally we have Sapphire Roulette from the repertoire of single-player roulette games! This variant is yet again played from a first-person perspective and uses the European ruleset. The presentation here is simply wonderful, so players who want a change from looking at green baize will find it here.
Live table games next, and we have a great selection of these as well. It should go without saying that, unlike their single-player counterparts, these have a game show atmosphere with live dealers/croupiers, immersive HD presentations and live chat so players can communicate with each other from across the globe!
Immersive Roulette is based on the European ruleset, as is any roulette game not called American Roulette. The idea is simple: predict the number on which the ball will land by placing one or more bets that cover that number. Along the way, you can place many different types of side bets, from inside bets such as Straight Up (chip is directly placed on any single number) or outside bets such as Column Bet (chip is placed in one of the boxes marked “2 to 1” at the end of the column). Adding to the immersion, the HD action is captured from various camera angles, and the presentation has a classic, tasteful sheen that’s certain to please. Plus the game comes with all the usual bells and whistles associated with live table games.
Lightning Roulette Live
Love playing Lightning Roulette but wish you could do so in an environment that’s not single-player mode? In that case, welcome to Lightning Roulette Live! The live table version is played almost identically to its single-player counterpart - in each game, 1 to 5 Lightning numbers are randomly struck by lightning, allowing players to potentially win up to 500x the stake! Otherwise, the objective is the same as Immersive Roulette: successfully predict the number on which the ball will land by placing one or more bets that cover that particular number while placing different types of side bets as you go. The HD action, captured from various camera angles, is as stylish and tasteful as ever. Finally, Lightning Roulette Live comes with all the usual bells and whistles associated with live online casino table games!
Mega Roulette Live
Finally we come to Pragmatic Play’s Mega Roulette Live. This version (the action of which is also captured from various camera angles), uses the European ruleset variant and involves predicting the number on which the ball will land by placing one or more bets that cover that number. However, it also distinguishes itself by its use of the Mega Lucky Numbers mechanic that gives players the chance to win up to 500x the stake on a straight-up bet! Here’s how it works in a nutshell. The Mega Roulette Wheel has numbers from 0 to 36, and players can bet multiple times to cover the winning ones. So far so par for the course. However, between each game round, between 1 and 5 Mega Lucky Numbers appear on-screen. Said numbers are randomly selected and offer impressively big Mega Multipliers that range from 50x - 500x. Should the ball happen to land on one of the selected Mega Lucky Numbers, you automatically earn a MEGAWIN; the amount is shown in the winning message. All other bet types are the same as in a standard game of roulette.
So have a go on any of the online roulette casino games on the Lottomart site - we are sure you’ll find something you’ll like, and who knows, you might even discover a new favourite!
What is the difference between American and European Roulette?
Whether you're playing American or European roulette, you're still simply trying to guess where the ball will settle when the wheel stops spinning. However, the composition of the roulette wheel does differ whether you're playing on the European version popular in the casinos of Monte Carlo or the American version you'll find on the Las Vegas strip. American roulette wheels contain a 0 and a double 0 on the wheel, whereas the European online roulette game only contains a single, green zero segment. This change means that the RTP (Return to Player %) changes from 97.3% for the European version to 94.74% in American Roulette spins on the game.
Why is Live Online Roulette so popular in the UK?
One of the great thrills of playing table games in a physical casino is sharing the enjoyment of your wins with the rest of the table and building up some rapport with the croupier, but that's what a live dealer at an online roulette game now brings to the online casino world. At Lottomart Games we have a couple of varieties of live dealer roulette for you to try both from the market-leading live games operator Evolution Gaming.
Immersive Roulette is based on the European version of the game and contains all the features experienced roulette players would expect to see and has the addition of a live-chat function that means you can chat away with other players at the table or have some friendly back and forth with the croupier while you play. Lightning Roulette also offers the same great feature, but this version of the game comes with some extra excitement! Payouts on this game can be multiplied by up to 500x, so not only could you celebrate your wins with some new friends, you could all get lucky together with some huge, enhanced payouts!
Other Casino Games at Lottomart
If you love our selection of online roulette casino games, you’ll be thrilled with all the other table games we offer here at Lottomart, including 2 single-player variations of blackjack. The first is called just Blackjack and among other options sports a rather unique feature in the form of a multi-seat option; this allows the possibility of playing up to 5 consecutive hands! The second is European Blackjack, a stunningly presented take on the table game that uses the traditional French rules. In terms of live blackjack games, we have Infinite Blackjack, where you play with other players around the world against a live dealer!
We also have a carefully curated selection of card and dice table games for those players who want to vicariously live out their James Bond 007 fantasies, starting with the classic card game, Baccarat Deluxe. In terms of dice games, we have 3 on offer, including Evolution’s Lightning Dice, a simple and social live game that involves predicting the outcome of 3 dice. In addition, we also have 2 live Sic Bo games; both are based on Asia's most popular online dice games online. Evolution’s Super Sic Bo Live is the more traditional of the two games; the objective is again to predict the outcome of the shake of 3 dice. Mega Sic Bo Live by Pragmatic Play shakes things up a bit with the inclusion of stakes and multipliers!
This is a real money gambling site. Please keep your play safe and fun at all times and only bet what you can afford.
Play Online Roulette at Lottomart Games
Do you have a set of lucky numbers ready to go? Well, you could be spinning and winning at Lottomart Games, where we're offering new customers a deposit match of up to £100 on their first deposit. (T&Cs Apply. 18+ Only)