Play Online Blackjack in the UK at Lottomart Games
The challenge of taking on the croupier at a game of 21 has been keeping fans of casino games entertained since 1700. If you're one of the many players thrilled by the classic French game of skill and chance, then Lottomart Games has an amazing range of blackjack options for you. Our classic RNG version offers you the option to play at up to 5 seats at one time and is designed to be just as easy to play on your smartphone or your desktop or tablet. There's also the hugely popular live dealer blackjack game Infinite Blackjack from Evolution, where innovative side bet options are added to the already engaging game, so you can enjoy more ways to potentially win against one of our glamorous croupiers.
Play Blackjack Online at Lottomart Games
You may have heard blackjack described as 21 and the reason for that is pretty simple… the game aims to make a total of 21 from the cards you're dealt by the dealer. You won't always hit 21 exactly and the great thing about playing online blackjack is that you don't need to do so to win. You're playing in competition with the dealer, so you can end up with a hand that totals much lower than 21 and still win, as long as the dealer ends up with a worse total than you or goes bust chasing 21.
How to play Online Blackjack in the UK
The specifics may vary depending on which version of online blackjack you're playing, but in general, they follow a fairly set process.
These online table games kick off with you deciding how much you'd like to stake, which needs to be at or above the minimum table stake limit and below the maximum amount. The minimum and maximum bet amounts are clearly stated on each game page, so you know what the limits are before you take your seat at the table.
You are then dealt two cards, face up by the dealer. The dealer also receives two cards; however, only one of their cards is dealt face up with a suit and card value visible. You then have several options available to you:
- Hit = have another card dealt to you which will be added to your total.
- Double Down = the dealer deals you an extra card and you double your stake.
- Split = if you have a pair (e.g., 2 x Aces) you have the option to split your cards into two separate hands by doubling your original bet.
- Stand = Refuse the option for any additional cards to be dealt and settle on your current hand.
The options above continue to be offered until you either choose to 'stand' or go bust. (The total value of all the cards in your hand exceeds 21)
If you go 'bust', you lose your stake, but if you stand at a total of 21 or lower, then your hand remains in play to compete against the dealer.
Once your turn is completed, attention then turns to the dealer's cards. The rules of blackjack will dictate that the dealer must continue to 'hit' (take additional cards) until their total reaches 17 or higher.
Once again, the dealer can take multiple additional cards, but this will eventually lead to two outcomes:
- Stand = they settle on a total of 17 or more. Bust = their total exceeds 21.
At this point, if both hands remain in play the totals are compared, and the outcome of the round is settled:
- You Win = your total is closer to 21 than the dealer, but not exceeding 21.
- House Wins = the dealer's total is closer to 21 than the dealer's, but not exceeding 21.
- Push = Both totals are the same and the player receives their stake back.
If at any time the dealer goes 'bust' (their total exceeds 21) while your hand remains in play, then you win. If at any time your hand goes 'bust', then the dealer wins.
There are some additional variations depending on what version of an online blackjack game you're playing, but that's the basic rule of the game to get you going!
What Are The Value of Each Card in Online Blackjack?
There's nothing too complicated about totalling the value of your hand when you're playing online blackjack games at Lottomart. Each card has a numeric value that is very easy to follow, except for the Ace, which you can select either the high or low value for.
All cards from two through to ten are worth their numeric value. E.g., A seven is worth 7 points. Jacks, Queens, and Kings of all suits are all worth 10 and the Ace can either be taken as 1 or 11.
So, if you're dealt a jack of diamonds and a four of clubs, your hand total is fourteen: Jack (10) + Four (4) = 14.
If you are then dealt an Ace of Spades, you have the option to take this as a low or high value (One or Eleven). In this instance, you would opt for the low value as 11 (the high ace value) plus the total from your originally dealt cards (14) would exceed 21 and you would go bust. Therefore, your new hand total would be Jack (10) + Four (4) + Ace (1) = 15. Your job is to keep track of your total and decide whether it is in your best interests to take a further card and risk going bust or add another card to your total and hopefully, take you to 21!
What Are Online Blackjack Odds?
There are plenty of reasons people love playing blackjack online, but one of the main ones is the fact it offers you a close to 50/50 chance of beating the dealer if you can make the right calls at the right times. In most variants of blackjack, the house edge is around 0.5% and the combination of skill and hugely competitive odds vs. alternate casino games is what makes it so popular after all these years.
What is the difference between American and European Blackjack?
If you’re thinking what’s the difference between American and European Blackjack, and which variant you should play, you’ve come to the right place. Ostensibly the objective in both is the same: beat the dealer with a hand of 21 without going over that number. So far so identical. But the devil’s in the details, as they say, so let’s dig deep into the rules of each.
The Hole Card
- American Blackjack = the dealer is dealt 2 cards, one that faces up and another that faces down. This latter card is known as the Hole Card. The dealer can peek at the face-up card. If it’s an Ace and blackjack is a real possibility, the dealer can then look at the Hole Card on his own without anyone else seeing the card. If the numbers on both cards do indeed add up to 21 and a blackjack occurs, then the dealer wins, and the player is left with no moves.
- European Blackjack = there’s no Hole Card in this variant. The dealer receives 1 face-up card and only receives the second after the player’s hands are done. So, the dealer can’t check for blackjack at the start of the game.
American Blackjack may be seen to have the advantage here. Since the dealer is dealt 2 cards at the start and can check them for blackjack, the game can end right there and then should the cards add up to 21. This means that the player can potentially incur fewer losses compared to European Blackjack.
Decks in Play
- American Blackjack = uses 6 - 8 standard decks.
- European Blackjack = uses 2 standard 52-card decks.
European Blackjack may be seen to have the advantage here. More card decks mean more house edge which in turn means greater difficulty in counting cards.
- American Blackjack = players can double down on any total and can do so even after splitting.
- European Blackjack = players can only double down on hands worth 9, 10 or 11.
American Blackjack may be seen to have the advantage here due to the reasons laid out above.
- American Blackjack = players are permitted to split their hands 3 times to make a total of 4 hands. They can also split any pair of cards, including Aces (although this last card can only be split once).
- European Blackjack = players are permitted to split their hand only once, and even then, this is limited to identical pairs of equal value (so 2 10s, Jacks, Queens and Kings) .
American Blackjack may be seen to have the advantage here due to being able to split any pair of cards more times.
- American Blackjack = players can surrender (quit the game essentially) after receiving their initial 2 cards. Players who take this option lose 50% of their stake, so they get to keep half of what they wagered.
- European Blackjack = surrender is not offered to players at all.
Again, American Blackjack may be seen to have the advantage here, as players can quit the game if they don’t believe they can beat the dealer’s hand, albeit with a 50% stake loss.
Best Online Blackjack Games in the UK
Here at Lottomart, we have some of the biggest and most exciting blackjack online casino offerings around. Let’s take a look at what we have.
Evolution’s Blackjack - based on the American ruleset - is a stunning rendition of the classic game, and the single-player version includes not only the true-and-tested options of insurance, doubling down and splits to potentially maximise your chances of winning, but it also features a unique asset in the form of its multi-seat option, which allows you to play up to five hands consecutively!
As you may have guessed from the game title, European Blackjack is based on the European ruleset, and more specifically the traditional French ruleset (2 standard decks, doubling down on numbers 9, 10, 11 only, single split option, etc.). This version of the game features a slick, minimalist design, exciting sounds and animations and fluid gameplay. Plus there are no fancy features or rule changes here – this is a traditional take on the legendary casino game.
Infinite Blackjack Live
In terms of live table blackjack games, one of the most popular casino card games around has to be Evolution’s live blackjack variant, Infinite Blackjack. The idea - like all blackjack games - is to achieve a higher card count than the dealer without going over 21. However, this version of the classic table puts a fresh spin on the classic ruleset in several ways. First, the game allows an unlimited number of players to play in each game round (hence the name of the game), and although this feature is fairly unique in the annals of online casino blackjack games, you don’t play either with or against each other. Instead, the idea is for each player to take on a real, live dealer in single-hand competition, although live chat functionality allows you to share the experience of potentially big wins you could experience with the rest of the table. Also, the game includes 4 unique side bets (Hot 3, Three of a Kind, Any pair and Bush it) that can be placed in combination with your main bets. The remainder of the rules is standard. However, if you’re looking for something a little different to the usual American and European Blackjack games, then this is it!
Why is Live Online Blackjack so popular in the UK?
Several factors explain why online blackjack table games are so popular in the UK. Let’s break it down one by one.
- UK casino players love their classic table games such as Blackjack. So, it stands to reason that they would love all the additional bells and whistles that come with playing their favourite card games in an online setting.
- Online blackjack games are easily played from the comfort of your own home or even on the go using a mobile device or tablet, so not having to dress up and head over to a brick-and-mortar casino is a big bonus.
- Casino card games such as Blackjack offer all the same features their tabletop counterparts do, and some variants such as Infinite Blackjack go even further by introducing features such as unique side bets and the ability to host an unlimited number of players around the world, so you won’t feel like you’re missing out by not visiting a bricks-and-mortar casino.
- Online blackjack games have the best odds of potentially paying out winnings. This is because online blackjack games tend to have a lower house edge than their tabletop brethren.
- All Blackjack variants from all over the world are collected in the Tables tab, so accessing your favourite games and rulesets is as easy as clicking from one game tile to another - no having to move from table to table like you would in an offline casino!
- All of our card games come with an easy-to-follow game rules page that you can access on the fly while playing the game; everything you would ever need to know about each particular game is contained within these pages.
Whether it’s playing online table games or online slot games, all our games have been designed to ensure that you can access our great selection of games wherever you are. So you can play online blackjack on your desktop, tablet and your smartphone.
Other Casino Games at Lottomart
If you enjoy our selection of online blackjack games, then you’ll love all the other table games we offer here at Lottomart, including 5 variations of single-player online roulette games alongside 3 Roulette variants that you can play with other people as well as against a live dealer. All variants can be played in the comfort of your own home, so no need to visit an actual casino. Let’s do a quick rundown.
In terms of single-player roulette games, first up we have the traditional Roulette, European Roulette and Lightning Roulette are single-player variants of the traditional European ruleset: predict the number on which the ball will land by placing 1 or more bets that cover that number. The wheel includes numbers 1 - 36 plus a 0. The latter however has a unique feature inc1 to 5 Lightning numbers are randomly struck by lightning, allowing players to potentially win up to 500x the stake!
Moving onto Sapphire Roulette and American Roulette, these are another 2 single-player variants that we have here at Lottomart. The former also uses the European ruleset, while predictably the latter uses a special U.S.- only ruleset The only real difference between the 2 rulesets is that in American Roulette, the wheel now has both a 0 and a 00 instead of just one 0.
Live roulette games next, and first up is a live iteration of Lightning Roulette called - what else - Lightning Roulette Live, and it plays almost identically to its single-player counterpart. Moving on we have Immersive Roulette and Mega Roulette Live. The former is the classic card game personified; the latter adds a unique spin by adding the Mega Lucky Numbers mechanic that gives players the chance to win up to 500x the stake on a straight-up bet!
Finally we have a fine selection of card and dice table games for those players who want to feel like they're in a glitzy casino in Vegas or Macau, starting with the classic card game, Baccarat Deluxe: the idea is to finish the hand with as near to 9 wins as possible, but the game offers 2 modes, Traditional and Super Six, with the only difference being the payout. We also have 3 dice games on offer, including Evolution’s Lightning Dice, a simple and social live game that involves predicting the outcome of 3 dice. In addition, we also have 2 live Sic Bo games based on Asia's most popular online dice games. Evolution’s Super Sic Bo Live is the more traditional of the two games; the objective is again to predict the outcome of the shake of 3 dice. Mega Sic Bo Live by Pragmatic Play keeps proceedings fresh with the inclusion of stakes and multipliers!
This is a real money gambling site. Please keep your play safe and fun at all times and only bet what you can afford.
Play Online Blackjack at Lottomart Games
If you're ready to take on the dealer in any of our Blackjack games, we're offering new customers a 100% deposit match bonus of up to £100 here at our UK mobile casino (18+, terms apply).
View full 100% Games Welcome Match Deposit Offer Terms and Conditions →